Text- Philippians 3:7-14.
No man has ever or will ever encounter the whole of God in this frame. What ever we have seen no matter how massive and spectacular is only a fragmented atom of God’s incontestible spiritual reality.
The description of Lucifer in Ezekiel 28, unveils a creature that was full of God’s benevolent investment, and by the gravity of that investment the creature misconstrued it’s inherent abilities, and moved with rebellion attempted to displace the monarch that can never be unseated….that was the end of it’s days as a bearer of light (Lucifer). This was the contest that made the rebellious entity realise that the fullness of light, revelational insight and supernatural gifts does not expose to anyone the entirety of the secrets and deep mysteries of the Godhead. In other words, in knowing God, there’s never an hallmark, the more we know Him, the more we realise we’ve not sarted knowing Him, hence the strive and quest to know more.
Beloved God is a Spirit and they that have been called to worship him are to do so in Spirit and in Truth, John 4:24. It is our consistent worship in Spirit and truth that introduces us into an experience in our pursuit of God. Spiritual realities are birthed when a man reach experience with God….until we touch experience, our reality will be fictional.
Hence, the Apostle Paul unraveling his heart cry (Philippians 3:10-14) exposes to us a knowledge of Him that introduces the
new creature to four operational stages that characterizes our pursuit of God.
(a) The fellowship of His suffering (Partner with Christ by experiencing His suffering in this frame), 2 Corinthians 11:23-26. Many believers there are who only want to sail with a fun-fair Christianity….infact if they mistakenly come into trying and challenging times, it will not take them a rethink before denying Jesus and solicit for help from the devil.
1. Suffering with Christ is the only prerequisite to reigning in Christ, 2 Timothy 2:12-13.
2. Suffering with Christ is a delight to those who bear the burden of the cross, Acts 5:41.
3. It is through the furnace of affliction that our faith is solidified, Hebrews 11:33-38.
4. It Is in the furnace of affliction that we discover the Ebenezer ( The Lord our helper), Daniel 3:23-26.
(b) Conformability unto death (The willingness to present yourself to be killed) Matthew 16:24-26.
1. The cross is not for fashion but for crucifixion…..there is yet a dying on the cross.
2. Until self dies we will not experience the selfless nature of Christ…..enough of preaching what has not taken root in us.
(c) The power of His resurrection (Experiencing the reality of eternity as we allow the Spirit of God to quicken us from inside out)
1. The power that command willingness out of unwilling people, Psalm 110:3.
2. The power that command principalities to bow their unbending knees by force, Philippians 2:9-11, Psalm 66:3.
3. The power that shakes the heavens and the earth for the establishment of God’s counsel and will, Haggai 2:6-7.
4. The power that brings salvation, Romans 1:16, Titus 2:11-12.
(d) The high calling of God in Christ (Introduction into a realm were His will is all we live for, we are no longer alive for ourselves but for God in Christ alone), Read Philippians 3:13-25.
Conclusion: Hebrews 12:1-2,… In pursuit of God we must never lose sight on Jesus, because the more we focus on Him is the more we become like Him. Our pursuit is not in view until He is registered in our hearts as the eternal purpose of God in whom our purposes are fitly kneated. Every other purpose outside Christ is disjointed and cannot stand the test of time. Christ as the whole must be the essence of our pursuit.
Prayer: Father please grant us the grace to be more like you….Amen!